- 2 to 3 ounces smoked streaky beacon
- ¾ pound spinach leaves
- 1 bunch hakurie leaves
- ¾ pound mizuna leaves
- Cider vinegar
- Pepper to taste
- Walnut or extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- Cut the bacon into match sticks. First render it slowly in a frying pan then cook it more quickly to allow it to crisp.
- Quickly wash the greens and shake or towel dry. Tear the spinach into manageable pieces. Place it with the rest of the leaves in a salad bowl.
- Pour the hot bacon and it’s fat over the greens and toss quickly
- Sprinkle a little cider vinegar, drizzle oil if desired and add some edible flowers for color if desired.
You all are doing so great with these healthy boxes, a little bacon fat won’t hurt this once. If you want to work it off to you can do that in the garden!!!!!