- Package of spring roll wrappers
- Vegetables in any combination: cucumbers, carrots, zucchini, summer squash, snap peas, radishes, lettuce, spinach, cabbage, sprouts, or sweet peppers
- Herbs in any combination: basil, Thai basil, cilantro, mint, parsley, dill, or chives
- Thin rice noodles (vermicelli)
- Optional ingredients: grilled chicken or pork, shrimp, or avocado
- Crunchy peanut butter
- Soy sauce, tamari, or Bragg Aminos
- Rice vinegar or any culinary vinegar
- Optional: hoisin sauce, fish sauce, garlic, sriracha, crushed red pepper, or crushed peanuts
Prepare and cool rice noodles according to package instructions. Set aside. Rinse and dry all your vegetables and herbs. Slice vegetables like cucumbers, carrots, zucchini, and peppers long and thin, about 4-5 inches long. Thinly slice cabbage and radishes. Fill a shallow pie pan with water warmer than room temperature. One by one, place spring roll wrappers into warm water until pliable. Remove from water and place on dry cutting board. Clump any combination of veggies, noodles, meat, and herbs into the center of the wrapper, like a mini burrito. Find your best rolling technique. We recommend folding one side over the filling and pulling back snugly to encase. Then fold the opposite two sides in and roll for a tight, oblong spring roll.
Mix a little peanut butter, soy sauce, and vinegar in a small bowl to your taste. Dip and enjoy!