- 1 cup red quinoa, rinsed and drained, cooked to package directions and cooled
- coarse sea salt, to taste
- 1 small mangos or one large, peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 10 Tbsp sunflower seeds (reserved until you are ready to serve)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1/4 cup apricot nectar
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl add the quinoa through tomatoes and gently mix.
- In a small bowl whisk the dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the salad mix and toss.
- When ready to serve, top each serving with 1 Tbsp of sunflower seeds.