- 2 cup Saskatoon berries, thawed
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Honeycrisp Apple, finely diced (or other local variety
- 1 T. garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. Rosemary, fresh chopped
- ½ tsp. Thyme, fresh chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. fresh ground pepper
- ½ cup Pecans
- 3 cups day old bread
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
Melt butter in a sauté pan (reserving ¾ for later use). Add onions and sweat until transparent on medium heat. Add diced apple and sauté about 3 minutes. Add garlic. Cook for an additional 45 seconds and remove from heat.
Place all remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add onion, apple, garlic and butter and mix thoroughly. Stuff into your favorite bird, and bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes per pound of bird stuffed. To bake without the bird, bake in greased dish for 30 to 40 min. Makes 1 quart.