- 6 ounces watermelon radish thinly sliced
- 1 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon peppercorn
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- ½ jalapeño, sliced in strips
- chopped ½ jalapeño, sliced in strips
Wash radishes, dry, and slice using a mandoline or sharp knife about ¼ inch thick. Alternatively, you can cut into matchsticks, or wedges.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the vinegar, sugar, honey, peppercorn, salt, and heat until ingredients are dissolved, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in lime juice.
Place the radishes, garlic, and jalapeño in a clean jar. Pour liquid from saucepan into jar. Leave about ¼ inch of room at the top. Cover, let cool, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.