- 1 pound kohlrabi (about 2 small heads), leaves included
- 1 medium turnip (about 8 ounces), peeled and quartered. Consider substituting with beets or other roots and greens. You can also add some braising mix to the medley.
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Shredded summer squash (optional)
Separate the stems from the kohlrabi bulb, trim, and discard the tough bottoms of the stems. Cut the leaves in half lengthwise, then thinly shred crosswise. Trim the root end from the bulb and peel away the tough outer layer; cut in half lengthwise.
Fit into a food processor with a shredding blade (or use a box grater), and shred the kohlrabi bulb and turnip or beet. In a medium bowl, whisk together the lime juice, peanut oil, honey, and sesame oil; season with salt and pepper. Add the scallions, kohlrabi, turnip, beet and/or leaves and bulb; toss to coat. Let stand at least 15 minutes.