- 4 cups greens of choice (I used the turnip greens from the turnips)
- 4 small Hakurei salad turnips, diced
- 2 apples, diced
- 4 Tblsp candied pecans (see below)
- 8 Tblsp dressing (see below)
- Dash Salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 Tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1/2 Tbsp vanilla
- 3 garlic cloves (or equivalent amount in minced scapes)
- Dash of salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp Cider Vinegar (can use red wine or any other vinegar of choice)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
Directions for Candied Pecans:
Mix salt, sugar, cinnamon & milk in saucepan
& bring to boil. Remove from heat. Add vanilla & pecans.
Stir until coated & crystallized. Pour on to wax paper
or foil & separate with fork to cool.
Directions for Dressing:
Mash garlic cloves in bowl with fork. Add salt, mustard & vinegar. Whisk well. Whisk in oil & dash of pepper.
In each salad bowl, place 1 cup greens & toss with dressing. Add on top of each salad one diced turnip, 1/2 of a diced apple, and 2 Tbsp of candied pecans.