- 10-12 ounces Tatsoi leaves
- sesame seeds, for garnish (I used a mix of black and white sesame seeds, but you can use whichever type you have)
- 2 T soy sauce (I used Tamari)
- 1 T rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- 1 tsp. grated ginger root
- 1 tsp. sugar or honey
- 1/2 tsp. Sriracha (or other types of Asian hot chile sauce would work)
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
Steam tot soi for 1-2 minutes then quickly remove and add to a bowl of iced water.
While Tatsoi is cooling in ice water, get a plastic bowl with a tight fitting lid that’s large enough to hold all the Tatsoi. Mix dressing ingredients in this bowl, then drain Tatsoi well and add to dressing. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour or more, turning bowl over a few times so Tatsoi remains coated with the dressing. Toast sesame seeds for 1-2 minutes in a dry pan and sprinkle over salad just before serving. (If using a mixture, the black seeds burn more quickly than the white ones.) Serve immediately.