- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
Cook green beans in large pot of boiling water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain. Transfer green beans to large bowl of ice water to cool. Drain again. Pat green beans dry. (This can be prepared 1 day ahead). Wrap green beans in paper towels and enclose in reseal able plastic bag. Refrigerate. Heat the oil in heavy large wok or nonstick skillet over high heat. Add green beans and stir-fry until heated through, about 2 minutes. Add soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and pepper. Stir-fry until sauce reduces slightly and loosely coats green beans, about 2 minutes longer. Add sesame seeds and toss to coat. Transfer green bean mixture to bowl and serve.