- 1/2 pound fresh green beans
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon oil (ideally a light, high heat oil like grape seed or peanut)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons corn starch
- 2 green onions, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces-Try using your purple onions with greens in this week’s box
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Wash beans; trim ends and remove strings. Cut beans in half, set aside. Coat a skillet with cooking spray. Add oil; place over high heat until hot. Add mushrooms and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium. Add beans, and cook 3 minutes or until tender crisp. Combine water and corn starch; stir well. Add corn starch mixture, green onions, soy sauce and pepper to beans; cook 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat; sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro. Serve warm.