- 4 tablespoons light sesame oil or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white hulled sesame seeds
- 4 teaspoons peeled, minced ginger or ½ tsp. ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds Tokyo bekana (or any Asian green)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
In a wide heavy sauté pan or wok over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the sesame seeds and stir until they pop and become fragrant. Add the ginger and garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
Add the greens and 1 tablespoon soy sauce, raise the heat and cook, covered, for 1 minute. Uncover and sauté for 1 or 2 minutes more, until the greens are tender but still bright green. Stir in more soy sauce and vinegar to taste, and serve immediately.