- 4 6-ounce pieces skinless salmon fillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced, plus 2 tablespoons chopped fennel fronds (feathery leaves)
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- rye bread, for serving
Heat oven to 400° F. Rub the salmon with the oil and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with the cayenne and ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Top with the lemon slices and bake until just opaque throughout, 8 to 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk together the yogurt, vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper in a large bowl. Add the fennel, fennel fronds, and cucumber and toss to coat. Serve the salmon with the cucumber-fennel salad and bread.