- 1 cup winter squash seeds
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- A few tasty squash seasoning alternatives:
- Sweet: honey, cinnamon, sugar
- Spicy: olive oil, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, salt, pepper
- Zingy: peanut oil, soy sauce, crumbled seaweed, ground ginger, spicy red chili sauce
- Addictive: melted butter, thin slices of garlic, coarse sea salt
Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
After removing the seeds from the squash, rinse with water, and remove any strings and bits of squash. Pat dry, and place in a small bowl. Stir the olive oil and salt into the seeds until evenly coated. Spread out in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until seeds start to pop. Remove from oven and cool on the baking sheet before serving. Serve with soup, on salads or on their own as a tasty and nutritious snack.