- 1 pound small red or yellow potatoes, halved if large
- 1 pound rainbow carrots, halved lengthwise
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon minced basil
Toss potatoes, carrots, and garlic with oil on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer and roast in a preheated 400°F oven until the vegetables are tender and starting to brown about 40 minutes; toss halfway through cooking time. Remove from oven and squeeze lemon juice over top and sprinkle with minced basil. Enjoy!