- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, tamari or Braggs
- 2 tablespoons Asian chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar, honey or maple syrup (omit garlic if using maple syrup).
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 4 heads baby bok choy (about 1 lb. total), halved lengthwise $
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted cashews (optional…you can also try other roasted nuts or seeds instead).
Heat grill to medium (350° to 450°). Combine soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, oil, vinegar, sugar, and garlic in a small bowl. Set bok choy in a rimmed baking dish and brush with two-thirds of soy-garlic mixture. Wrap bok choy tops with foil. Grill bok choy, turning once, until slightly softened and streaked brown, 5 to 6 minutes total. Remove foil from leaves and set bok choy on a platter. Brush with remaining soy-garlic mixture and sprinkle with cashews.