- 1 (5 lb)seedless watermelon, cut into 8 slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (for brushing on watermelon)
- salt and pepper
- 1 bag braising mix
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
Preheat grill. Brush watermelon slices with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill watermelon 1-2 minutes on each side. Chill for several hours before serving. In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, mint and vinegar; toss braising mix with dressing just before serving. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
(The watermelon can be cut into bit size pieces however a large piece of grilled watermelon is pretty darn impressive!).
Place braising mix on chilled plates, top with watermelon and sprinkle with goat cheese.