- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 Hakurei or other salad turnips, thinly sliced
- 1.25 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1.25 tsp. sugar
- a couple dashes of soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- salt and pepper
Place the sliced cucumbers in a colander and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Let them sit for about 20 minutes, and get rid of any excess moisture (draining, patting, squeezing, etc.) Mix together with the sliced turnips.
While the cucumbers are sitting, combine the rice vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, red pepper flakes, sesame seeds, and a little black pepper to taste. Pour the vinegar mixture over the drained cucumbers and turnips and stir to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.