- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups roughly chopped cabbage, rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 package beef or turkey kielbasa, halved lengthwise and then sliced into bite size pieces
In a skillet large enough to accommodate the cabbage, start by heating olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients except kielbasa. Cover and cook 15 minutes. Add the kielbasa and cook another 10 minutes or until the sausage is warmed through.
My mother used to add potatoes and carrots to this medley and did not use caraway seeds. That was quite tasty as well.